What is the strong spine program?
The Strong Spine Program was developed by our team to combat the growing rate of spinal injuries (Acute, Chronic and Non-Specific) and associated pain and disability. Our team of Accredited Exercise Physiologists understand the physical and psychological ramifications of having chronic spinal pain. The Strong Spine program offers a holistic approach to the management of this chronic pain by assessing posture, movement capacity and muscle function. All of the abovementioned qualities directly affect a person’s ability to be pain free. Here at Doveston Body Concepts we work tirelessly with patients to ensure they can adequately perform their activities of choice during daily life.
Our services correlate with the latest in evidence based treatment with an emphasis on:
- Quantifying and tracking functional movement capacities altered by back pain
- Screening for potential barriers to recovery using psychometric questionnaires
- Developing strategies to address these potential barriers to recovery via consultation with rehabilitation provider, and through inviting other therapists to conjunct in the holistic treatment of the injury.
I am currently seeing another therapist, will seeing an Exercise Physiologist interfere with my current treatment?
Our nationally Accredited Exercise Physiologists are more than able to work with your current therapist/s and (Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Osteopath etc) doctor to ensure the best possible care is provided and the patient’s recovery is optimised.
Core Conditioning Programs
Doveston Body Concepts provide functional conditioning programs to individuals who currently experience pain, which is not associated with significant structural change in the spine. The Strong Spine Program uses current recommendations released by governing industry leaders to ensure you receive the best treatment for your spine. Initially, this program introduces core activation, postural cues and lifting techniques. Following this will be a series of exercises used to ensure your spine becomes strong and stays strong.
Strong Spine Program Outcomes:
- Increased pain free range of movement
- Improved deep core (Transversus Abdominus & Multifidus), Gluteal, and Pelvic Floor activation
- Increase in core strength and endurance
- Reduced oswestry back pain disability percentage
- Reduction in depression, anxiety, and stress (DASS)
When to refer to Exercise Physiologist:
- When the acute intervention methods plateau and functional improvements are not being made
- If the injury requires progression of treatment, following a successfully managed acute period (Weeks 4-12 post injury)
- When patient requires guidance and supervision during exercise
DOVESTON HEALTH – Assisting people in the Brisbane, Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast Regions:
Albany Creek, Albion, Alderley, Arana Hills, Ascot, Aspley, Bald Hills, Banksia Beach, Banyo, Beachmere, Beerburrum, Beerwah, Bellara, Bellmere, Bellthorpe, Bongaree, Boondall, Booroobin, Bracalba, Bracken Ridge, Bray Park, Brendale, Bribie Island, Bridgeman Downs, Brighton, Brisbane Airport, Buderim, Bunya, Burpengary, Burpengary East, Caboolture, Caboolture South, Caloundra, Campbells Pocket, Carseldine, Cashmere, Cedarton, Chermside, Chermside West, Clayfield, Clontarf, Commissioners Flat, Coolum, D’Aguilar, Dakabin, Deagon, Donnybrook, Deception Bay, Delaneys Creek, Eagle Farm, Eatons Hill, Elimbah, Everton Hills, Everton Park, Ferny Hills, Fitzgibbon, Gaythorne, Geebung, Glasshouse Mountains, Godwin Beach, Gordon Park, Grange, Griffin, Hamilton, Hendra, Joyner, Kallangur, Kawana Waters, Kedron, Keperra, Kilcoy, Kippa-Ring, Kurwongbah, Lawnton, Lutwyche, Mango Hill, Margate, Maroochydore, McDowall, Meldale, Mitchelton, Moodlu, Moorina, Morayfield, Mount Mee, Murrumba Downs, Myrtletown, Nambour, Narangba, Neurum, Newmarket, Newport, Ningi, Northgate, North Lakes, Nudgee, Nudgee Beach, Nundah, Petrie, Pinkenba, Redcliffe, Rocksberg, Rothwell, Sandstone Point, Sandgate, Scarborough, Shorncliffe, Stafford, Stafford Heights, Stanmore, Stony Creek, Strathpine, Taigum, Toorbul, Upper Caboolture, Virginia, Wamuran, Warner, Wavell Heights, Welsby, White Patch, Whiteside, Wilston, Woodford, Woody Point, Wooloowin, Woorim, Zillmere.