What is our injured workers program?
The Doveston Body Concepts Health Clinic is the premier physical rehabilitation provider in the Moreton Bay Region. Our team of dedicated Exercise Physiologists, Dietitians, and Remedial Massage Therapists are available to provide advice on the management of work related injuries.
Our services correlate with the latest in evidence based treatment with an emphasis on:
- Quantifying and tracking functional capacities affecting the injured worker’s return to work
- Screening for potential barriers to recovery using psychometric questionnaires
- Reporting on improvements in functional capacities to assist in timely upgrading of duties
- Developing strategies to address potential barriers to recovery via consultation with rehabilitation provider, and other therapists
Functional Conditioning Program
Doveston Body Concepts provides functional conditioning programs which are crucial in the effective management of injured workers with sub-acute or chronic problems who do not need intensive psychological intervention. Services incorporate WorkCover’s recommendations and evidence based best practice, including:
- current and proposed work duties.
- work status and understanding the return to work plan.
- functional capacities.
- activities of daily living.
- pain and disability levels.
- psychological factors likely to slow recovery.
- physical parameters (muscle recruitment habits, flexibility, strength.
When to refer to an Exercise Physiologist?
- When the acute intervention methods plateau and functional improvements are not being made
- If the injury requires progression of treatment, following a successfully managed acute period (Weeks 4-12 post injury)
- To promote function and return to pre injury duties
- To prevent further loss of strength, function and deconditioning
- When patient requires guidance and supervision during exercise
Did you know?
According to the National Health and Medical Research Council up to 95% of neck and back pain is now considered non-specific.* That is to say the problem involves messages to and changes in pain processing rather than a specific injury. Consequently effective rehabilitation at Doveston Body Concepts Health Clinic focuses on targeted exercise treatment, understanding the condition, ways of thinking and behaving which settle pain and return the person to normal activities.
*NHMRC 2003 Evidence based Management of Acute Musculoskeletal Pain
DOVESTON HEALTH – Assisting people in the Brisbane, Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast Regions:
Albany Creek, Albion, Alderley, Arana Hills, Ascot, Aspley, Bald Hills, Banksia Beach, Banyo, Beachmere, Beerburrum, Beerwah, Bellara, Bellmere, Bellthorpe, Bongaree, Boondall, Booroobin, Bracalba, Bracken Ridge, Bray Park, Brendale, Bribie Island, Bridgeman Downs, Brighton, Brisbane Airport, Buderim, Bunya, Burpengary, Burpengary East, Caboolture, Caboolture South, Caloundra, Campbells Pocket, Carseldine, Cashmere, Cedarton, Chermside, Chermside West, Clayfield, Clontarf, Commissioners Flat, Coolum, D’Aguilar, Dakabin, Deagon, Donnybrook, Deception Bay, Delaneys Creek, Eagle Farm, Eatons Hill, Elimbah, Everton Hills, Everton Park, Ferny Hills, Fitzgibbon, Gaythorne, Geebung, Glasshouse Mountains, Godwin Beach, Gordon Park, Grange, Griffin, Hamilton, Hendra, Joyner, Kallangur, Kawana Waters, Kedron, Keperra, Kilcoy, Kippa-Ring, Kurwongbah, Lawnton, Lutwyche, Mango Hill, Margate, Maroochydore, McDowall, Meldale, Mitchelton, Moodlu, Moorina, Morayfield, Mount Mee, Murrumba Downs, Myrtletown, Nambour, Narangba, Neurum, Newmarket, Newport, Ningi, Northgate, North Lakes, Nudgee, Nudgee Beach, Nundah, Petrie, Pinkenba, Redcliffe, Rocksberg, Rothwell, Sandstone Point, Sandgate, Scarborough, Shorncliffe, Stafford, Stafford Heights, Stanmore, Stony Creek, Strathpine, Taigum, Toorbul, Upper Caboolture, Virginia, Wamuran, Warner, Wavell Heights, Welsby, White Patch, Whiteside, Wilston, Woodford, Woody Point, Wooloowin, Woorim, Zillmere.